Increased design possibilities with compatibility to post-bonding treatments
Reactive one-component polyurethane adhesives have isocyanate functions, which react with atmospheric moisture, or moisture in the substrate. One-component polyurethane adhesives do not require pre-mixing before application, unlike two-component polyurethane adhesives.
They offer superior elasticity that enables less shrinkage deformation during curing and better absorption of external pressure from vibrations and impacts, high mechanical performances, and adhesion to a wide variety of substrates. As a result, one-component polyurethanes are a great option for flexible lamination, building and construction, transportation, and assembly applications.
Among the many advantages brought by one-component polyurethane adhesives, we can mention the following features:
- Improved mechanical performance with high bonding strength
- Enhanced versatility due to multi-substrate adhesion, including to polar substrates
- Increased design possibilities with compatibility to post-bonding treatments like painting, and bonding dissimilar substrates
- Extended durability due to good chemical and thermal resistance.
- Heightened ease of application with no mixing requirement
- Reduced environmental impact due to low monomer emissions